The Turfgrass Growers Assocation (TGA) is the only professional organisation in the UK and Ireland dedicated to the advancement of quality turf production. Since its formation, the TGA has been at the forefront of raising the standard of the cultivated turf supplied to professional and domestic customers.
Join the TGA
Become a Member or Affiliate member
Download our membership application form or our affiliate member application form.
Email it back to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
The Turfgrass Growers Association,
Or call us on +44 (0)1507 607722 for more information.
Why become a member?
Work closely with other Turf Growers and affiliated companies
Share knowledge and opportunities between members
Contribute to improving turf standards across our members and the wider industry
Make presentations at our Members Meetings
Participate in the field days
The opportunity to make contact with new customers for Affiliated members
Be at the forefront of achievements and advancements in the turf industry
The TGA strives to represent, defend and promote our industry on behalf of all its members. In the last 20 years we are proud of the following achievements in particular.
- Supporting members to get turf production recognised as a farmed crop
- Contributing to research on the impact of turf production on soil erosion
- Establishing production standards to promote industry professionalism
- Producing turf installation guides for members to give to their customers
- Organising the TGA Turf Show providing a platform for latest developments in the industry
- Establising the annual market survey which provides insight as to how the industry is performing
- Organising 2 members meetings per year
- Running an industry related website providing news, events and information
- Working with the water industry to provide an environmentally responsible good practice guide
- Helping to establish an e‐learning course to promote efficient use of water
- Working with London 2012 to utilise TGA standards for grassed areas of the Olympic Park
- Working with STRI, NFU and other bodies on legislation and crop protection issues
- Providing PR for the TGA and wider turf industry
- Maintaining and strengthening bonds with international turf industry groups and associations
- Promoting and lobbying for natural turf wherever possible